Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just give me the facts Ma'am.


I am in the “Opinion Business”. That’s what I do and that’s what this Blog is all about. In a way, that’s odd for me as I’m supposed to be a left-brained person; one that’s obsessed with logic and hard data.

But every now and again, I come across something or somethings that demand to be featured. And today is one of those occasions, so here goes:-

I don’t know about you but I hate shocks. I love surprises unless it’s a “Strippergram” which was sent to my office once but I don’t welcome shocks. And this is just that.

I’m prepared to bet that less than 1% of us knew this was barreling down at us and it revolves around healthcare.

Starting in 2011, your W-2 tax form sent by your employer will be increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are given by the company. It does not matter if that's a private concern or governmental body of some sort.

If you're retired?

So what; your gross will go up by the amount of insurance you get. You will be required to pay taxes on a large sum of money that you have never seen. Take the tax form you just finished and see what $15,000 or $20,000 additional gross does to your tax debt.

That's what you'll pay next year. For many, it also puts you into a new higher bracket so it's even worse.

This is how the government is going to buy insurance for the 15% that don't, can't or won't and it's only part of the tax whammy.

When I heard this I wondered about its veracity so I went digging and here is what I found .....

On page 25 of 29: TITLE IX REVENUE PROVISIONS- SUBTITLE A: REVENUE OFFSET PROVISIONS - (sec. 9001, as modified by sec.10901) Sec.9002 "requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each employee the aggregate cost of applicable employer sponsored group health coverage that is excludable from the employees gross income."

Joan Pryde is the senior tax editor for the “Kiplinger Letters”. Go to “Kiplingers” and read about 13 tax changes that could affect you.

So what’s Obama going to do with all this extra tax revenue? Well for a start he’s got to finance House Bill 1388.

Huh? What’s that you say?

Read on and I’ll try to give you the condensed version.

The passage of HB 1388 authorized that $20,000,000 be spent to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States; housing, food, everything.

Via this legislation, Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza. The "presidential determination," which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States, was signed and appears in the Federal Register.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Now we learn that he is allowing thousands of Palestinian refugees to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense. These issues have been lost in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

Doubtful?

To verify it for yourself, try this link:

www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488

Allah Akbar



Or so I'm told

No comments:

Post a Comment