Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Election Cycle and After ............

I lost count during the last election cycle just how many times I asked Obama supporters, "So tell me what has he actually done?"


Two reactions were commonplace. From the true cult members, the disciples, the ones with a limitless supply of Kool-Aid, I would get a shocked silence as if to say, "How can you be so crass? Don't you understand that it doesn't matter what he's done even if it's nothing? It's what he is and what he's going to do that matters. Change we can believe in". So then I asked what it was he was going to do? "Change things", they said. "Change everything. The world will love us again". It was usually at this point that I gave up.


The other reaction from less conditioned individuals was often a panicked "deer caught in the headlights" look as they searched feverishly for an answer and when a solution eluded them, I was enjoined to read his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment