Monday, February 9, 2009

The Emperor's New Clothes!


Most people, and all kids, have heard the story about the Emperor's new clothes.

It, of course, ends with the glee of the one kid who didn't get the memo that the Emperor was really naked.

I must declare my allegiance at this point. I am a conservative; probably a Libertarian if you insist on attaching a label. However, I'm also a realist and so I am a registered Republican. Again, though, I will not and did not toe that party's line. And, in the interests of full disclosure, I didn't vote for either candidate. So who did I vote for? Because if you don't vote you can't bitch and I intend to do a lot of bitching. So I did a write-in for Mitt Romney and, before I'm challenged about that, I'm from Arizona not Utah and I'm Jewish not Mormon.

So, why the title of the blog? Well as I see it, Obama is an "empty suit" at best but more likely he will be seen to be naked. And I will do my best to strip away one veil after another. My ultimate aim is to see he serves only one term. I can't do that alone but you can .............

And, who's the gleeful kid? Well, me of course but I doubt I'm alone right now and I know that I won't be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment