Thursday, April 16, 2009

George III didn't listen either!

Now I know why I write this Blog. I started because I detest with every fiber in my body the political beliefs and the aims that Obama holds so dear. When I began a few months ago, I would write stuff, perhaps in the middle of the night, and then in the morning I would review it and trash most. Left though were some crystallized truths which now form the essence of the Blog because they are the essence of me.

That’s how it started but yesterday at the Tea Party at the Arizona Capitol and seeing the more than 5000 people, according to the State Capitol Police, made me realize that individual people can make a difference.

For the non-American readers perhaps I should explain that April 15th is the date each year when the previous year’s tax obligation must be paid. But most will have heard of the “Boston Tea Party” hence the name of the event.

I am the first to admit that Obama wasn’t the first one to spend money like a drunken sailor. President George W. did it as well and I got on his case too. Of course, his tab was about 1 trillion whereas Obama’s will be ten times that. Not that he’ll pick it up, nor will I because I’ll be long gone. But, Oh, what a burden for generations to come. And, as President Reagan put it, “at least drunken sailors are spending their own money.”

I’d like to think it was coincidence but somehow I suspect that the timing of the issuance of the 9-page document from Napolitano’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was deliberate. For those who are not aware of this abomination, let me give you the low-lights.

It was sent to law enforcement agencies across the country and directed them to be ready for action by “Right Wing Extremists”. So far so good for some perhaps but you should be aware of just how these extremists are defined. Here are a few:-

Returning military veterans.

People opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty.

People opposed to abortion.

People who believe in the 10th Amendment of the Constitution which defines that, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Or, putting it succinctly, if you are opposed to Obama, you are Right Wing.

If you want to read the document in full probably the best source would be last Tuesday’s issue of the “Washington Times”.

Now, while it ostensibly came from DHS and Janet Napolitano, make no mistake, this has Obama’s fingerprints all over it. He has already stated that he feels that the Founding Fathers got it wrong. He wants an omnipotent federal government and he will brook no interference with that goal. He was heavily influenced by the teachings of Saul Alinsky who was a critic of mainstream libealism which he considered passive and ineffective. In “Rules for Radicals”, he argued that “the most effective means are whatever will achieve the desired ends ……..”

So, these “right-wing extremists” are being branded as being more dangerous than terrorists and their dissent must be stamped out by the kind of Chicago-style thug politics which begat Obama.

Seemingly, it’s OK by the Left when MoveOn.org orchestrates rallies to promote their agenda and it’s just fine for George Soros to spend millions to finance them. But, grass-roots movements like the Tea Parties must be destroyed by whatever means available.

Real people frighten the Left it seems and they should!

No comments:

Post a Comment