Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not close to Halloween yet!

Now this is spooky stuff!

In the first half of 2008, most taxpayers got some of their own money back from the previous administration. I think I got $500 or so and I spent it on a new shower enclosure for the master bath. However, President Bush’s name was never mentioned.

Now, fast forward to today’s mail. In it was a letter from the Social Security Administration telling me that “President Obama” had signed Congresses’ bill and, as a recipient of Social Security, I have $250 coming sometime in May. I assume that’s the retiree equivalent of the $13 per week for wage-earning Americans under the much-vaunted tax cut.

Two things concern me and they should concern you.

For a start the action is an insult because I’m simply getting my own money back again. Yes, I know that as soon as I file my tax return its public record. You wanna go look at it, I’ll save you the stamp because I have it on line. But, I’ll also save you some more time; I paid way more than that last year so I know it’s my money. Trust me!

The Inuit call money “Paper with a face on it”. And, now Obama wants to personalize me getting my money. He, Lord Obama, the Most Merciful is going to give me $250. Thank you, O Lord!

The sad thing is that some people will see it that way.

This man is a joke and I suspect that some Americans are getting twinges. Now they may not admit it quite yet but think about this. You meet a really neat lady or man and you check into the Wynn in Las Vegas and you tie the knot. 2 or 3 months later, you wake up to go to work and, in those sweet moments between sleep and the real world, you know you’ve made a terrible mistake.

But, you do shower and go to work and you grab a coffee on your way in through the door and a colleague you haven’t seen in months asks you, “How’s marriage going?”

“It’s just great”, you respond automatically.

But you know it’s not and you hate yourself with all kinds of mixed emotions.

I suspect that is why, in today’s Rasmussen poll, the Republicans are favored 41 to 38 percent in the 2010 off-season elections.

A British friend mentioned yesterday that he was starting to hear questions raised there about Obama and what he’s actually done in these past 100 days.

I’ve been asking that question for years.

Then, later, by an unabashed Obama fanatic, I was wished, “Happy 100 Days!”

And this is isn’t a cult?



No comments:

Post a Comment