Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Call the Bimbo!!

I had some bad bosses in my working career but I had some good ones as well. One of the best knew that his job was to stay the hell out of the way as long as I did my job. In turn, I knew that if something stood in my way I only had to ask and he would run interference for me. His wife was also a "trip” and, for years they’d joked that if she died first he should get a bimbo. After a dinner party one night in San Diego, she got sick and, as she embraced the commode and wretched, a concerned husband asked, through a locked bathroom door, if he should call a doctor.

“No”, came the strangled response from the echo chamber of the toilet bowl. “But you might want to call the bimbo.”

Yesterday, that was my day. The last thing on my mind was writing this Blog. But to satisfy the prurient, no bimbos were hurt in the production of this post.

Anyway, now that preamble is over and done with, let’s start in:-

Watch ABC this evening and you’ll soon know why it is now known as the “All Barack Channel”. There is nothing unique about a major network conducting their evening news from the White House. What is new though is then to present an infomercial covering one aspect of this administration’s policy, namely healthcare.


And, have you seen ABC’s on-screen promotion of this sham where, in which you are invited into, and I quote, “His House”? Now, I did not go to school in this country so I missed Civics 101. On the other hand, I did study for my naturalization test and there I learned that the president’s residence was more properly called “our house” or, in more formal terms, “The People’s House”.

ABC also proclaims that its program will present a “debate” on that one single issue. I used to debate formally while in school and then, after that, my local pub was oft times the forum for lively exchanges. There were many differences between the arenas but they did, and I hope still do, have one thing in common. There has to be a proponent and an opponent for because without both there is no debate.

But that precisely is that which you will see tonight. There will be no opponent voice. It’s not that they refused their invitation; they never received an invitation in the first place. And, it gets worse because offers to buy commercial time to present an alternate view have been denied.

It becomes clearer and clearer that the Left is unwilling to allow any dissent from their talking points. And I’ll go further; a confirmed liberal and an ardent Obama disciple saw nothing awry about a format like this. In fact, the person applauded it. It seems that the First Amendment is only valid and worthy of support if it cheers for their side.

So, watch it this evening and let me know. For those readers outside the US; try the ABC website!

In order to sign off and in, order to prepare the way for a later post, let me say this. According to Rasmussen yesterday, 32% of voters “strongly approved of Obama policy”. 34% disapproved.

Now it’s time to take a nap but again sans bimbos.

No comments:

Post a Comment